A Renewed Vision Core Software Engineer will develop the infrastructure and working technologies that power our platform.
You love working on the parts of an application that are invisible to the user, but make everything work. You realize that different programming languages have their places in a complex tech stack and are comfortable working with the language that is best suited for the job. You are comfortable working without all the details knowing that part of the process is discovery, which drives innovation.
We want people who:
- Are experienced with writing modern C++
- Have experience shipping libraries that can be used on multiple platforms
- Can focus on details while understanding the importance of timely updates
- Understand the balance between refactor now vs. refactor later
- Consistently seek to learn and develop both personally and professionally
We really want people who:
- Are proficient with another programming language such as C#, Swift, or Rust
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Take ownership of projects, work with loosely defined specs, and drive towards results
Our best engineers will have:
- Experience writing and debugging high performance multi-threaded libraries
- Familiarity with video and audio frameworks and low-level rendering'